Monday, January 21, 2013

craft: embroidery


I've always loved embroidery, but I don't really know anyone that embroiders, so I've had to do it on my own. I wouldn't necessarily say I embroider, but I have done it in the past, using the little kits from Michael's. I did a few when I was a little kid, finishing a whale and a happy face.

These are the ones I'm working on right now.

Let Heaven and Nature Sing

My first embroidery kit not meant for kids. I worked on this during my trip to Korea two years ago and never quite finished it. The butterflies and flowers need to be outlined, and the lettering needs to be finished. I love the heart fence and sunflowers though.

Elegant Oriole

I like this design a lot, even though I think the printed pattern on the back is a little...contrived? Odd? I'm not sure the word for it, but I like the bird and the flowers.

The real thing next to their pictures

Hopefully I will finish them soon. I'm not really a huge embroider, but I would like to get better at it and make my own patterns and the like. 

Have you ever tried embroidery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...