Tuesday, January 10, 2012

before the commotion

This past week has been more than hectic! Erik flew down to Long Beach a few days before the wedding, and we went all around the city, including to the Aquarium of the Pacific. I kept forgetting to bring my camera, but I promise for next entry there will be a cute picture of an arctic fox. That's right.

The wedding was very nice, and the reception was fun. It was held in the same place where my cousin had his reception, fancy fancy! They had the chocolate covered strawberries syringed with liquor again, this time I opted for Amaretto instead of Kahlua. Yum!

Only picture I have from the wedding, unfortunately.

Erik and I also exchanged presents, and I knit him a hat and bought him a storm trooper Lego alarm clock. He bought me the following:

Nail stamp plates! He is, however, a boy and didn't realize these needed the stamping kit as well. Silly silly. I am very excited to try these out though, as I have been eyeing them for quite some time now. Erik knows this only because I added it to what I thought was my wishlist when I was logged into his account. Of course.


Yes, that is a duck floating in my earl grey.

I'm still working on all sorts of knitting projects, but I am taking a little break to work on something a little less detailed. My sheets back home, which I've had since middle school, finally started tearing, first at the top, then the bottom. It became to be more burdensome to try and patch than to simply buy a new one. But all that fabric! How could I just toss it away? So I'm making a rag rug with instructions from here using size N needles.

That is one big hook.

It's crocheting up very fast, but I underestimated how much time it takes to cut the fabric into "yarn". I was working on it the day before I drove 7 hours back to school. My dog is, in fact, sleeping and not closing his eyes from the flash.


I've also made a pledge to eat better this quarter, so I've been looking into experimenting with various new things, including habaneros yesterday which ended in a house full of peppery smoke and 5 very teary coughing roommates. 

Sometimes you just have to do it to learn from it, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...